Tuesday, November 6, 2012

37 Weeks


37 Weeks

Hopefully sometime soon I will measure life in terms of milestones, events and seasons as opposed to weeks.  It seems that everything revolves around weeks.  It is slightly pathetic that I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and say I am due in two weeks and six days.  


Just recently I was commiserating with Charley's cousins Andrea and Sharon who were also expecting babies.  The three of us tended to flock together at family gatherings (typically around the food) and sympathize with each other over swollen ankles and mood swings while getting lost in baby talk (and complaining).  It has been such an incredible experience to be pregnant with two family members at the same time.  Aside from the fact that it has made us all question if there was something in the water last winter, it has been such a blessing to offer and receive each others' support while dreaming about our kids growing up together.  Andrea's due date was October 7th, Sharon's November 4th, and mine is November 27th.



Sharon, Andrea and I in early September.  
And then there was one...


The autumn wave of baby arrivals finally started. About six weeks ago, Andrea delivered handsome baby James. Yesterday, Sharon delivered beautiful baby Bonnie.  Meeting these babies has been pretty magical - I feel like they are my own kids, and it is heartwarming to think that they will undoubtedly be a big part of my little girl's life.  With each arrival, the emotions run deeper and deeper as reality sets in that our baby will be here very soon.  I am feeling a bit alone now that they have all moved onto the next chapter of motherhood, and also feel like I will be the only one craving Taco Bell... and Pop Tarts... and peanut butter.


I recently asked several of my mommy friends what advice they have for someone three weeks from delivering and the answers have pretty much been the same across the board.  Enjoy your alone time, spend quality time with your husband, enjoy your sleep, and get excited to experience the most incredible love you will ever feel... life is about to become exhausting.


I really should stop complaining about being bored...



Exactly 37 weeks.  My sexy uniform - leggings and stretched out maternity tank tops.




My buddy Wes (or, as we call him, King Tut).  Notice a trend?  I'm curious to see how he'll handle giving up all of these cozy beds when the baby comes.

 


Olivia's mother lives just outside of Boston - it was a breath of fresh air to have my old friend around.

    
I couldn't help myself.  He is just too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment